Re: vlan interface is not added to bridge0 on system startup

On Apr 15, 2011, at 17:03 , Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 03:20:59PM -0400, Andreas Wrede wrote:
>> Moments ago, I had a similar situation. I would not say it's bug but a
>> limitation of the auto-config process. The workaround is to turn
>> auto_ifconfig of in rc.conf and list all the interfaces your want configured
>> in order:
>>
>> auto_ifconfig=NO
>> net_interfaces="re0 vlan0 bridge0"
>
> Another option is to remove the ifconfig.vlan0 and ifconfig.bridge0
> files and explicitly do all the configure stuff inside ifconfig.re0
> file as ! shell commands
>
>       (standard re0 stuff)
>       ! ifconfig vlan0 create
>       ! ifconfig vlan 206 vlanif re0
>       ! ifconfig bridge0 create
>       ! ifconfig brconfig bridge0 add vlan206 up

  I'm totally not involved in this conversation, but I have to say, "Ew".
That's just too much work to avoid a very good, although imperfect, system.

  Not that I have bridge interfaces, but.  I think the solution within rc.conf
is likely sufficient.

                         - Chris