Re: i386 bootloader regression?

On Mon, Feb 07, 2011 at 10:02:48AM -0600, David Young wrote:
> I've updated the NetBSD installation on one of my Soekris 45xx units.
> Now it is in an infinite reboot cycle:
>
> NetBSD/x86 ffsv1 Primary Bootstrap
> r:-(
>
> *reboots here*
>
> Has something changed in the i386 bootloaders that would cause that?
> Where is the key for interpreting "r:-("?  ISTR each of those characters
> marks the bootloader's progress somehow.

At a guess the baud rate is being changed?
And then the kernel tries to use the VGA...

So maybe sysinst failed to collect the existing console parameters.
If done correctly there is code to read the uart divider to determine
that baud rate set by the bios.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost