Re: miniroot.kmod install fs + amd64cd.iso changes

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:19:08 +0000, "Jonathan A. Kollasch" <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 01:15:15PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 12:11:40PM +0000, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote: > > I left the INSTALL config(5), but removed it from default release
> > build.
[..]
> I strongly disapprove.

I suppose you disapprove the removal of INSTALL with embedded ramdisk, not the
root on / cd iso?

Yeah, the INSTALL kernel staying around is what I care about. root on
cd9660 is fine.

I can split that part, np

If we keep building INSTALL as before (just like sparc64 does), would the
changes be acceptable to you? If not, please qualify your criticism.

Yes, that'd be fine.

In that case, I propose the following:
- rename INSTALL_FLOPPY to INSTALL for i386 (or INSTALL becomes INSTALL_FLOPPY for amd64). No need to mess up things between two arch that are closely related (I would prefer the former, 3MiB file does not qualify as "floppy" size to me). I don't care in the end, if we can avoid mess.
- keep building the miniroot.kmod installation module.

Opinions?

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost