Re: CVS blocked or delayed from some IP ranges?

On 22 Dec 2010, at 05:44 , David Laight wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 03:41:32PM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> has anybody else using the german T-Online DSL provider problems with the
>> NetBSD CVS servers?
>
> It isn't just a pmtu blackhole ??
>
>       David

That typically wouldn't block the connection.  The more usual
symptom when that happens is that the connection (i.e. the small
packet exchange at the start) succeeds but it subsequently hangs
when the first big data-bearing packet is sent.  I haven't
seen one of those happen for quite a while.

Getting a (tcp)traceroute when it is failing is probably the
best bet for identifying the problem.

Dennis Ferguson