state of ZFS in -current?

One of the disks in my home low-power server[1] died recently ... due in
some part to laziness I discovered that my entire mirror was bad, so I
have two broken 500GB disks and some data on there I need to recover ...
so far so stupid ... :)

I was idly thinking of migrating my data to ZFS since I use Solaris at
work and am comfortable with the failure modes of ZFS on larger disks
... unfortunately the low-power nature of the box means it's pretty
low-specced in terms of memory and hardware and doesn't have much in the
way of upgrade options - which is fair enough, as it's designed for
embedded applications.

Running Solaris on the host seems to be out, as anecdotally this would
require much more memory ... so, if I were to load a recent -current
what state is the ZFS port in at the moment?  Is it usable?  Is it
stable?  What sort of memory requirements does it have (presumably, more
is better)?

Regards,
Malcolm

[1] http://www.soekris.com/net5501.htm

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left