Re: remove external/lib/Makefile and crypto/external/lib/Makefile

On Sat, Nov 06, 2010 at 07:04:33PM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
  | The attached patch implements all of the above, and reduces complexity in
  | compat/compatsubdirs.mk (since a SUBDIR to lib catches all the libraries)
  | and I've cross built mips64eb, mips64el, sparc64 and amd64 releases to
  | make sure it all works

The existing build order in external/lib/Makefile (and other places)
has explicit .WAIT points to force inter-library dependency barriers
during the build.  At first glance it's unclear whether your changes
fully retain this behaviour; I think they do, but I'm not sure.

cheers,
Luke.