Re: dhcpcd vs dhclient

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 01:05:09PM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       Hello.  We have a number of Cisco switches with spanning tree
> protection turned on.  this causes the link to come up on the physical
> port about 15-20 seconds before packets are permitted to flow through
> the interface.

you can also change the config on the switch to disable this.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00800b1500.shtml

I've run into this with tlp(4), ex(4) and wm(4).  the above fix has
worked for them all.

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost