Re: dhcpcd vs dhclient

        Hello.  We have a number of Cisco switches with spanning tree
protection turned on.  this causes the link to come up on the physical port
about 15-20 seconds before packets are permitted to flow through the
interface.  If you're running into this, you might ry putting the following
in your/etc/ifconfig.wm0 or ifconfig.nfe0, or what ever your interface is
called.

up
!sleep  30

Then, dhclient or dhcpdc should be able to get an address right away.

-Brian