Re: Strange system behavior

On Sun, 26 Sep 2010, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 03:26:50PM -0700, Paul Goyette wrote:
I did see that note, but I just assumed that "100 and 200 series"
would refer to older CPUs, and that the restriction wouldn't apply
to newer, top-of-the-line models!

This is how I read it too (and the phenom II specs mentions it
supports 1333Mhz ddr3), but it is still one of the few differences
between working and non-working systems ...

Well, nice try, but no luck. I dropped the memory speed to 1067MHz and it "survived" for much longer than usual (got about 95% of the way through the 'build.sh release' job) but still failed. This time it was gcc that got the seg-fault rather than mandoc.

I'm going to get some sleep. The cron job will kick off a couple more attempts over night; it will be interesting if the morning reveals that it now fails consistently in this new spot.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |