Re: Strange system behavior

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010, Paul Goyette wrote:

Memory was my first suspicion. I started with 2x2GB of Kingston. Then I added 2x2GB of Corsair memory for a total of 8GB. The problem stayed, so I removed the original Kingston memory leaving only the 2x2G Corsair. Doesn't seem to make any difference - all three result in the same failure symptom.

Well, the story gets more and more and more interesting... (and more expensive, too...)

Since Monday, I have now replaced the entire system, excepting only the physical case and fans! Yes, new power supply, new motherboard, new RAM, and new CPU. I even replaced the hard drive and reinstalled NetBSD! And the darned system STILL fails, in exactly the same manner.

I'm totally confused.  :(

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |