Re: agr(4) question in NetBSD-5.1_RC3

On 09/12/2010 04:23 PM, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 04:02:29PM -0400, Chris Ross wrote:
   Does anyone have an agr(4) working on a netbsd-5 machine?
I did get it working some time ago. The key is that, unless you're using a
wm(4) device which has code to support SIOCSIFADDR(AF_INET), you have to
manually set the ethernet address on the underlying interfaces to be the same
as the agr(4) one (which should default to the ethernet address of the first
port added to the agr, but this can be chanegd).

I infer from the above that if you do have wm(4)s, or some other device with such support, that the agr(4) will take care of that all for you?

If so, is there any reason why that support/code shouldn't/couldn't be added to more ethernet devices? Certainly some of the more common/faster ones that many people are using, like bge (and wm, of course) it would be of value I'd think.

Let me know if I've understood correctly. I could take a look at doing it for bge. I think that's what my -current machine has two of as well.

                                               - Chris