Re: firefox slowness -- X server problem?

Often my firefox becomes unbearably slow too. And when this happens
changing to xterms and other X clients are slow too.  My usually
solution is to close firefox tabs until it works or close (maybe kill)
and restart firefox.

It usually has nothing to do with total number of tabs, but something to
do with the content or scripting within a single webpage.

> Also, ALT-Tab between two open xterms takes noticable time (up to two
> seconds). That's the reason I suspect it might be a X server problem.

Does this slow down happen even if firefox is not running?

By the way, the buildlinking step in buildling some dependency-heavy
pkgsrc build also makes my X temporarily unusable.