Re: multiple DHCP IPs per interface?

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 02:58 +0100, "Roy Marples" <roy%marples.name@localhost>
wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 09:41 +1000, Malcolm Herbert wrote:
> > slightly off topic, but how would I get dhclient or dhcpcd to request
> > and manage more than one IP per interface?
>
> Generally, you cannot.
> Technically you can if you set a unique clientid per alias, which I'm
> not sure NetBSD supports.
>
> But lets try another tac - why do you want this?

mainly for dynamic testing purposes - running multiple copies of
application code on the same set of ports but on different IPs ...
rather than create and manage these manually it would be nice to spool
up a new IP as the test environment is built and torn down later ...

This is something that Solaris does to provision IPs for zones by DHCP
... each zone IP alias has a client id made up of the zone name, as far
as I can tell ...

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch%mjch.net@localhost                                                left