Re: The installer don't detect the ethernet card

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010, Peter Tamei wrote:
I am trying to install a NetBSD snapshot through the network on my
notebook, but it doesn't detect the ethernet card. However, FreeBSD
detects the card. Is a Intel i8255x 10/100 (fxp driver). It seems
really weird and I can't find the solution. Could anyone help me?.

Sounds like a classic situation where one of the following kernel options will help:

#options        PCI_ADDR_FIXUP          # fixup PCI I/O addresses
#options        PCI_BUS_FIXUP           # fixup PCI bus numbering
#options        PCI_INTR_FIXUP          # fixup PCI interrupt routing

Unfortunately, these are configure time options, so you will need to compile your own kernel to include them.

--
Stephen