Re: The installer don't detect the ethernet card

It might also help to know what platform this is on, and what kernel is being used in the install.

A quick check shows that the 'fxp at pci' is included in the following kernels:

alpha     GENERIC  INSTALL  RAWHIDE
amd64     GENERIC  XEN3_DOM0
arc       GENERIC  MIMORI
atari     GENERIC.in  HADES  MILAN-ISAIDE  MILAN-PCIIDE
bebox     GENERIC
cats      GENERIC  INSTALL
evbarm    ADI_BRH  INTEGRATOR  IQ31244  IQ80310  IQ80310  IQ80321
          IXDP425  IXM1200  NAPPI  ZAO425
evbmips   DBAU1500  DBAU1550
evbppc    EV64260  PMPPC  WALNUT
hp700     GENERIC
hpcmips   LROUTER
i386      ALL  GENERIC  INSTALL_FLOPPY  XEN3_DOM0
macppc    GENERIC  INSTALL
ofppc     GENERIC  GENERIC.MP
prep      GENERIC  INSTALL
sandpoint ENCPP1  GENERIC  SANDPOINT
sgimips   GENERIC32_IP3x
sparc64   GENERIC

In addition, 'fxp at cardbus' is included in

amd64     GENERIC
evbarm    INTEGRATOR
evbppc    OPENBLOCKS266_OPT
i386      ALL  CARDBUS  GENERIC