Re: i386 kernel w/options PAE fails

On Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:11:13 -0500 (CDT), "John D. Baker"
<jdbaker%mylinuxisp.com@localhost> wrote:
> This message puts things a bit out of order, but the other posts
> haven't arrived here yet...
>
> With v1.73 of cpu.c and v1.22 of mptramp.S, multiprocessor will boot
> single-user on my machine.
>
> It still panics when allowed to go multi-user whether MP:
>
>    http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/dmesg-shadow_pae-nbsd5_99_38.txt
>
> or UP:
>
>    http://bobdbob.com/~jdbaker/dmesg-shadow_pae_up-nbsd5_99_38.txt

I don't think UP or MP will change something about the panic(); seems to
be fairly reproducible. I guess a more thorough debugging session is
needed.

Is it possible for you to make this kernel available online? If you do not
have an upload solution, please contact me off-list.

Cheers,

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost