Re: introduction

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 11:15:56AM +0200, Zoltan Arnold NAGY wrote:
> On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>
> wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 01:11:15PM +0200, Zoltan Arnold NAGY wrote:
> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Zoltan, and this summer I'll
> > be
> > > working on
> > > bringing TCP and HTTP support for libsa as part of my GSoC project.
> >
> > What will you use as your small TCP stack?
> >
> suggestions are always welcome. :) I don't have a specific in mind, in fact,
> I haven't found
> any portable, understandable and tiny, BSD-licensed stack.

You didn't state your size target.  One thing you could keep in
mind is that after a bit of tuning the BSD TCP/IP stack fits easily
into <100kB:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/mic/eurobsd06-routing.pdf

You could probably trim it down even further than what's cited in
the paper, as you might not want things like sockets in libsa (plus
our in-tree stack doesn't support dhcp in the kernel, but that
might be something you actually would want to have).

> But then again, I didn't look that hard. I'm willing to write my own. :)

Writing your own would certainly be an educational experience.
But keep interoperability with the broken real world in mind.