Re: dtrace + fbt provider

>> Hey Darran; first million thanks for your work on porting DTrace :)
>>
>> Second, I can update the wiki page, don't waste time on such mundane
>> tasks.
>>
>> Third, I get a 100% reproducible kernel panic, every time I use an fbt
>> entry point.
>> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~beket/dtrace.png
>>
>> It doesn't matter which function I hook into, the system will crash
>> instantaneously.
>> Unfortunately, I don't have a swap partition (epic fail), so I can't
>> set up a dump device and provide you a core.
>>
>> Mind that netbsd is running as virtualbox guest in an opensolaris host.
>>
>> Again, thanks for your work.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Stathis
>
> Hi Stathis,
>
> thanks for trying this out!
>
> After a second look at the crash you have I think it is definitely a bug I
> have detecting that there is no CTF section available for the kernel.  This
> happens if your /boot (secondary boot) file has not been updated.  If you
> copy in a new boot from <dest>/i386/usr/mdec/boot to your root filesystem
> this should fix the crash.  I'll work on better detecting the problem and
> handling it without a crash.
>
> Best regards,
> Darran.

Hi Darran,

thanks for taking time to comment/bother.

Unfortunately, I can still reproduce the panic. I did a cvs update
-dPA, build/install'ed kernel & distrubution sets, copied /boot file
from usr/mdec/boot to /boot.
I did it twice, but I'll give it another try in case I missed something.

Cheers,
Stathis