Re: dtrace + fbt provider

On 21/03/2010, at 4:54 PM, Stathis Kamperis wrote:

2010/3/21 Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%coyotepoint.com@localhost>:
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 03:11:15AM +0200, Stathis Kamperis wrote:
Hi all.

With sources as of today, if I do a 'dtrace -l' I don't get 'fbt'
provider listed.

Is it a separate kernel module? I think it was in our local source tree
originally.

Thor

I don't know, but I did first:
modload solaris
modload dtrace

Also, I've set the various mk.conf variables + configured my kernel as
per the wiki dtrace page. And in any case, it works, it just doesn't
seem to support the 'fbt' provider.

I would appreciate any hint on how to unlock this feature, if it is of
course supported.

You should be able to load the fbt module (modload fbt) and the sdt module, after that dtrace -l will list all of the FBT probes and a few SDT probes.

I'll update the wiki on this.

Cheers,
Darran.