Re: dtrace + fbt provider

On 22/03/2010, at 9:43 AM, Andrew Doran wrote:

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 12:40:24AM +1300, Darran Hunt wrote:

On 21/03/2010, at 4:54 PM, Stathis Kamperis wrote:

2010/3/21 Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%coyotepoint.com@localhost>:
On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 03:11:15AM +0200, Stathis Kamperis wrote:
Hi all.

With sources as of today, if I do a 'dtrace -l' I don't get 'fbt'
provider listed.

Is it a separate kernel module?  I think it was in our local source
tree
originally.

Thor

I don't know, but I did first:
modload solaris
modload dtrace

Also, I've set the various mk.conf variables + configured my kernel as
per the wiki dtrace page. And in any case, it works, it just doesn't
seem to support the 'fbt' provider.

I would appreciate any hint on how to unlock this feature, if it is of
course supported.

You should be able to load the fbt module (modload fbt) and the sdt
module, after that dtrace -l will list all of the FBT probes and a few
SDT probes.

Is there provision for autoloading these providers?  If not how about
renaming the current dtrace module to dtrace_core, then have a dtrace
module that's just a shell with dependencies of dtrace,fbt,sdt?

Sounds good. I'll add that to my task list.

Thanks,
Darran.