Re: XTerm warnings (was: Strange sshd behaviour)

On Sat 24 Jan 2009 at 23:11:52 +0100, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 06:29:33AM +0000, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> > Well, after ktraceing xterm, it appears this delay is directly related
> > to that message, and to my $LANG being en_US.UTF-8 (the UTF-8 part seems
> > to be the key, ISO8859-1/15 work instantly).
> >
> > Just before that message and the following 3-second nanosleep(), it tries
> > to open a non-existant /usr/X11R7/lib/X11/locale/lib/common/xiiimp.so.2.
>

> I worked around this by adding the following to my .Xdefaults file:
>
> xterm*openIm: false
>
> > In other non-news, my compose key isn't working.
>
> Same problem here, also only in UTF-8 locale (in other locales it works).

It seems that since upgrading to NetBSD 5, this resource setting
actually stops my compose key from working. (I try to avoid locale and
UTF-8 stuff, but for some reason I have LC_CTYPE=nl_NL.ISO8859-1 set)
After doing an "echo 'xterm*openIm: true' | xrdb -override", a newly
started xterm had a working compose key again. So I removed the
corresponding line from my .Xresources.

(I'm glad I finally found out what the cause was, it has been bothering
me somewhat for months)

>       Geert
-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert    -- You author it, and I'll reader it.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl      -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.