Consider letting /etc/rc.d/mountall require mdnsd

Hello everyone,

I've been playing with using mdnsd on my home network for some time,
and I mostly like it -- primarily because it may allow me to name my
machines without having to run a local DNS zone just to keep track of
my systems.

One thing that I'd like to do is to NFS-mount a file system from my
NAS box (that is configured via DHCP) by having the following line in
/etc/fstab:

       q4.local:/emini    /q4/emini     nfs    rw

Actually this works fine when I issue a 'mount -a' command, but the
file system is not mounted during boot because /etc/rc.d/mountall runs
before /etc/mdnsd.

Changing /etc/rc.d/mountall as follows:

 diff /etc/rc.d/mountall .
6c6
< # REQUIRE: mountcritremote named mdnsd ypbind
---
> # REQUIRE: mountcritremote named ypbind

i.e. by adding mdnsd to the REQUIRE line causes mdnsd to start before
mountall is called and now the mount succeeds.

I'm not really an expert on the inner workings and dependencies of the
rc.d scripts, so I just want to solicit comments to the above change,
which at least in my case seems to work according to my intention (and
hopefully not harm anyone not using mdnsd).

regards
- Erik