Re: fsck seg fault failure on vmware -i386?

    Date:        Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:49:35 -0000
    From:        yancm%sdf.lonestar.org@localhost

  | Is there an easy way to check which libraries it needs?

ldd gdb

  | Can you give me a date the changes went in?

In rev 1.46 (Tue Feb 2 19:04:37 2010 UTC) - rev 1.45 was from Dec 31
and is definitely before the changes, those are the only "recent" updates
to localtime.c

  | I REALLY need help with this...managed to make my repaired system
  | copy unbootable trying to update libc... will reconstitute and try
  | again with some expert advice...sigh...

Don't try to install the rebuilt libc anywhere it would normally be found,
instead stick it somewhere else (like in fsck_ffs's source directory) and
link it explicitly (take the .a form and add its name, after the other -l
flags in the list of libraries).

  | But behavior WAS different. Could the compile includes:
  | | > +CPPFLAGS+=-I${NETBSDSRCDIR}/lib/libc/include
  | | > +CPPFLAGS+=-I${NETBSDSRCDIR}/lib/libc/time
  |
  | include a global variable or definition that prevents the crash?

Only if your /usr/include and /usr/src include files are different somehow.
If you have a different installed system than the sources you're building
from, then you'd need to take particular care - that makes building stuff
outside of the build.sh framework much trickier to do correctly.

kre