Re: unhooking lfs from ufs

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Michael van Elst wrote:

> eeh%NetBSD.org@localhost (Eduardo Horvath) writes:
>
> >Since the original disussion I looked into this a bit and I'm not
> >convinced it's a good idea.  I'm afraid if we unhook lfs from ffs it will
> >suffer from extreme bitrot.  Even with the current situation it was
> >completely nonfunctional four months ago.
>
> The theory is that it is completely nonfunctional because of the
> current situation.

It's been pretty solid for me after I fixed a few minor issues:

nonplus# uname -a
NetBSD nonplus 5.99.23 NetBSD 5.99.23 (GENERIC.MP) #0: Fri Dec 25 01:58:51
PST 2009
eh29855@nonplus:/export/home/work/src/sys/arch/sparc64/compile/GENERIC.MP
sparc64
nonplus# mount
/dev/sd0a on / type ffs (log, local)
/dev/sd1e on /export/home type lfs (NFS exported, local)
/dev/sd0d on /export/home2 type lfs (local)

Next step is to move root onto lfs.

Eduardo