Re: some email doesn't get to current-users?

On 2/3/2010 9:04 PM, Steven Bellovin wrote:
On Feb 3, 2010, at 7:48 PM, Noah McNallie wrote:

about a 3rd of the topics i try to start on the mailing list never get there,
is it moderated? they seem to be completely normal and valid topics of
questions or interest.
the n0ah.org email host is google mail.
It is not moderated per se; however, mail that seems "suspicious" is shunted
aside for human inspection to make sure it's not spam.

actually i'm not sure if i'm getting all the inbound mails either, i seem to get bunches all at once and i know it's not me since my email client is set to 5 minutes, i'll go an hour with nothing then 4 at the same time, i'm aware that that may be do to the majordomo waiting to mail messages out every half our to an hour, why i don't know but perhaps it has a reason.

still, simple questions such as how to change the default scheduler don't show up, and even simpler questions such as if some of the variables in login.conf are per user or per process (such as 'memoryuse') are not answered.

please help!

n0ah
http://n0ah.org
sparc64/netbsd fan