Re: TEMPer and TEMPerHUM usb thermometer driver

On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 11:31:01AM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> Kewl!
>
> The code looks pretty clean.  Unless someone objects, I'd be happy
> to import this.
It is just an adaptation of the openbsd code, which is by far the
cleanest code I could find about that sort of device.

> Do you actually have one of these?  It would be nice to have someone
> to verify that the driver actually works in NetBSD!  :)
I have one TEMPer device, with a single temperature sensor. The openbsd
driver originally speaks only to the TEMPerHUM devices (those have a
temperature, and a humidity sensor).
I tried not to disturb how TEMPerHUM is handled, and checked the code
behaves well with sysmon, but without the actual device, I can't really
tell how it works, but there is good chances it will.

For the TEMPer, it appears to work fine, currently, envstat shows:
[uthum1]
              temp:     17.500                                degC

whenever the divice is plugged. The temperature value might need tuning,
but it seems realistic.

> Also, it might be nice if you could provide a uthum(4) man page.  :)
Well, I can handle that. The hardest part will probably be to find how
to insert it in the build machinery.

regards,
antoine