Re: git copies of cvs modules available

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:37 AM, S.P.Zeidler <spz%serpens.de@localhost> wrote:
> Take instead:
> The git repo has been broken after a system panic such that the obvious
> way forward was to restore a backup
> git fsck will tell you there is a problem, but not fix it
> If we should be using something as brittle as git, backups should be
> run at least daily

and CVS is no better, even worth as you'll only know the corruption
months later because someone tried to build a corrupted file. And
wait, it's distributed, you've got hundreds of backup of your repo all
over the world for free ! All that provided that you cannot trivially
find SHA1 collision.

 - Arnaud