Re: pkgsrc and miniroot

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 08:30:04PM +0900, KIYOHARA Takashi wrote:
> Can I crunch pkgsrc into crunched binary?

In general no, details have been mentioend already. Let me add a few
additional comments. The biggest problem you will run into is that GTK2
and dependencies make use of dlopen(3) in a number of places. Guessing
all required modules is hard work :) GTK2 is also not exactly friendly
for static linkage in terms of interdependencies.

For all those reasons, it is likely a lot easier to build the system
with normal dynamic libaries and strip down the package instead.

Joerg