Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On 2009-12-24 11:27 +0000 (Thu), Thomas Adam wrote:

> Actually, all of the dumb protocols for git (HTTP being one of them) *are*
> inefficient.  Using git:// is efficient as you don't have to do a load of
> translating to get the data out of the transport mechanism.

While we're on the topic, do you have a reference to an explanation of
this? I can't really see why git over http would be so much slower (and
use so much more memory) than git over git protocol except in the case
where one has to download a large pack for one or only a few patches,
which is not the case in a clone.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson         <cjs%cynic.net@localhost>         +81 90 7737 2974