Re: infinite messages from acpitz0

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009, Frank Wille wrote:

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:20:57 -0800 (PST)
Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

It's also interesting to note that you only get the messages from
acpitz0, and that is the only one that has "active cooling" (and
multiple levels of active cooling!) and does not have a "critical"
level.  I suspect this is a key piece of info.

Can you also get output from

        envstat -W -d acpitz0

               Current  WarnMax  WarnMin  WarnCap     Unit
temperature:     50.000 -1165.109                       degC

Oh! Looks suspicious... ;)

Very suspicious! :) Especially since the value is several hundred degrees below absolute zero!

I'll start looking at this tonight, and should have something figured out before the holiday weekend is over.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:      |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul at whooppee.com   |