Re: Installation of NetBSD 5.0_STABLE fails when SMP is active

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:43:57AM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:
> I get similar things on my quad core.
> It only works if I disable SMP or have a PS2 keyboard plugged in. My
> symptom is a little different though - only CPU0 fires up, but boot
> still hangs before it hits init.
>
> Plugging a PS2 keyboard in, or disabling the ps2 keyboard driver in the
> kernel allows SMP to work without any other issue. I reported this as
> install/38752 quite some time ago.

*DING*
I played with a Dell R710 (2 quad-core Intel Xeon) and Dell R805 (2 6-core
AMD opteron) some time ago, and indeed I had to disable pckbc/pckbd on both
to get them boot. I'm not sure but I think I also had to disable EHCI
to get a working keyboard (but this one didn't prevent boot)