Re: Stack Smash Protection disabled (was HEADS-UP: Stack Smash Protection enabled by default for amd64 and i386)

There are two mostly orthogonal questions:

 - would we be willing to spend 5% performance for the level of additional
   security we gain?

Let's wait for core's vote, no need to discuss it again and again.

 - the 5% number is way higher than expected - we need to examine why!

Any ideas and more detailed benchmarks welcome.

Martin