Re: git copies of cvs modules available

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 10:59:06PM +0200, Rhialto wrote:
> Git seems *very* resource-intensive on repositories this size.

After cloning the NetBSD git repository (which took some hours with a
not too fast connection), I pulled changes made on it while I was
cloning. After cloning it, it automatically ran "git gc" that is taking
hours to complete.

I asked about that in #git@freenode and people told me that, if this
command is run on the server, it doesn't need to be run frequently for
clients that clone it.

I'm a ordinary git user, so I don't know what exactly must be done.

Anybody runs this command on the server?

--
Silas Silva