Re: Looking for laptop users with PNP0C14

On Mon, Oct 05, 2009 at 06:09:52PM +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> I am looking for people who run NetBSD on modern, ACPI-compliant, laptops
> that have a device identified by "PNP0C14".

Hi,

and thanks to all who responded so far. I was able to gather a nice sample
of tables.

As I expected, the sample concentrates on HP and Acer laptops, but there was
also one Dell, and -- to my surprise -- also recent ThinkPads utilize this
(pseudo-)device.

As for drivers, at least HP laptops should have a decent one (in the works).
On the other hand, Acer's use of this device seem to be more limited, so the
usefulness of a possible driver may be questionable. Aspire One appears to
be a lost cause; this is the only laptop of mine with the device and at
least I couldn't make it to work. Dell's tables seem to be rather
straightforward, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out something for it.
I haven't looked at the ThinkPads, but presumably thinkpad(4) already works
resonably?

- Jukka.