Re: -current crash when using USB stick; incomplete fsck?

Markus W Kilbinger wrote:
Same here (amd64): Running /etc/rc.d/hal produces kernel panics when
(un)plugging any kind of device/media (usb, cd media). W/o running or
after stopping /etc/rc.d/hal these panics disappear. (Who's the
culprit? Kernel and/or HAL?)

Same here,

I had ddp.onpanic at 1, but I only have a manually written down partial backtrace (possibly with transcription errors, questions marks below are pointer adresses I did not write down):

uvm_fault(0xc0863e20,0,2) -> 0xe
kernel fatal page fault in supervisor mode
 trap type 6, code 2, eip c03ae910, cs8, eflags 10287, cr20, ilevel 0
kernel: supervisor trap pagefault, code = 0
devmon_insert(?,?,?,1,???)
devmon_report_device(?,1,0,?,1,???)
config_detach(???)
uhidev_detach(???)