Re: X won't start: radeon

On Jul 16, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Michael wrote:

Hello,

On Jul 16, 2009, at 5:07 PM, Steven Bellovin wrote:

On Jul 16, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Matthias Scheler wrote:

On 16 Jul 2009, at 21:49, Steven Bellovin wrote:
I saw another thread that described the need for

        PCI_ALLOW_MMAP

in the kernel, albeit to fix different symptoms. Is that what I should try?

No, that option no longer exists:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2009/07/14/ msg223103.html

Got it -- but any guesses on what I should try?

You could show us your Xorg.0.log for starters.
( it still works on my U60 with a radeon as 2nd head )

Sorry -- I should have said there appeared to be nothing of interest in it. Anyway -- the log from trying to use -configure is in http://www.machshav.com/~smb/Xorg.0.log . If I fire up X after removing the xorg.conf file, it doesn't get that error, but it never displays anything and eventually exits. That log is at http://www.machshav.com/~smb/noconfig-Xorg.0.log . I'm running a GENERIC kernel.