Apache subversion coredump on large merge (SSLSessionCache)

        Just spent some time tracking this one down, so noting here
        in case anyone interested.

        I found my svn tree would sometimes give the following
        error on large merges:

            svn: GET of '...': SSL negotiation failed: Secure connection
truncated (https://...)
            svn: Error reading spooled REPORT request response

        A TortoiseSVN svn client would give a similar error.

        - This would *only* on https, never on http or file checkouts.
        - It would never happen on checkouts of the full tree, but
          sometimes on svn update, and more frequently on large merges.
        - If it happened on a merge it would *always* happen on that merge
          (and leave the checked out tree in a mangled state).

        This was tested under apache-2.2.10 and apache-2.2.11nb5
        with subversion-base-1.6.2 and ap22-subversion-1.6.2nb1 on
        a NetBSD i386 5.0 system.

        The "problem" turned out to be an SSLSessionCache directive
        in the apache config. Removing that avoids the issue. Tested
        with shm: and dbm: values to SSLSessionCache.

        So, this could be an apache issue, an svn issue, or just my
        config issue, but on the chance someone else sees something
        similar, I thought it best to have this archived in the lists
        for future searchers :)