pxeboot & nfs

I just tried to pxeboot an amd64 kernel of today, with ddb_onpanic=1,
diagnostics etc. pxeboot tftp's and runs the kernel, the root partition
is on nfs. The last thing that happens is "Loading nfs" and a /|\ animation,
then the laptop reboots, so it is hard to see what the cause is. Any hints
on debugging this?

(BTW I happily built a release on amd64 with a kernel from yesterday and
a userland of 17th June - dual core amd - without reverting the emap commit)

Cheers,

Patrick