Re: status for Marvell Orion support

> > BTW, I notice something annoying: it appears that it's not
> > possible to reboot without power-cycling the box.  This is what I
> > get when I do "halt" from the install image:
>
> It is known bug... ;-<
> I knew could reboot before. However, I have the memory of changing the
> memory map by some convenience.  It becomes impossible to reboot maybe
> after that and.

That's too bad.  I'm not sure I understand the above correctly --
does it mean that it's difficult to fix this problem, and that
the problem likely to remain in it's current state?

This bug interacted with the other problem I mentioned, that
there's at least one panic() in the IDE driver; I'm guessing this
got triggered during the daily run (which causes quite a bit of
disk I/O):

panic: atastart: channel waiting for irq
Begin traceback...
0xc26e2c84
      scp=0xc26e2c84 rlv=0xc26e2c5c (0xc26e2c5c)
      rsp=0xc04b6454 rfp=0xc02701d8
Bad frame pointer: 0xc02701d8
End traceback...

dumping to dev 16,1 offset 787183
dump panic: atastart: channel waiting for irq
Begin traceback...
0xc26e294c
      scp=0xc26e294c rlv=0xc26e2924 (0xc26e2924)
      rsp=0xc04b6454 rfp=0xc02701d8
Bad frame pointer: 0xc02701d8
End traceback...

dumping to dev 16,1 offset 787183
dump device not ready

panic: atastart: channel waiting for irq
Begin traceback...
0xc26e27f0
      scp=0xc26e27f0 rlv=0xc26e27c8 (0xc26e27c8)
      rsp=0xc04b6454 rfp=0xc02701d8
Bad frame pointer: 0xc02701d8
End traceback...

dumping to dev 16,1 offset 787183
dump device not ready

rebooting...
Orion1   CPU =  Low _

and now it's just sitting there (machine is in my office, I'm at
home...).

Regards,

- Håvard