Re: status for Marvell Orion support

Hi! Havard,

From: Havard Eidnes <he%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 01:29:53 +0100 (CET)

> BTW, I notice something annoying: it appears that it's not
> possible to reboot without power-cycling the box.  This is what I
> get when I do "halt" from the install image:

It is known bug... ;-<
I knew could reboot before. However, I have the memory of changing the
memory map by some convenience.  It becomes impossible to reboot maybe
after that and.

> CPU: ARM926 (Rev 0) running @ 500Mhz

> orion0: CPU Clock 400.000 MHz  SysClock 200.000 MHz  TClock 166.664 MHz
>
> during autoconf.  So who's right?  Or is NetBSD setting the
> frequence in some way?

It is bug for KUROUTOSHIKOU's u-boot.
  spec.  (Japanese page)
    http://www.kuroutoshikou.com/modules/display/?iid=966

Can you see source of their u-boot?  In my memory, the string '500Mhz'
is hard-corded...
# It seems not to fix now though I taught to them before.  ;-)

> However, what's the exact syntax to set bootcmd?  I made a couple
> of attempts of
>
> setenv bootcmd "ide reset; ext2load ide 0:0 0x8000
> /netbsd-wd0.bin-KUROBOX_PRO; g 0x8000"
>
> but my box reset each time (it's always the small hurdles...)

hmm...?
Can you perform 'saveenv'?

  Marvell>> help

> My Kurobox_PRO insisted on sounding an annoying alarm whenever I
> interrupted the automatic boot sequence on the console.  A second
> press on the power button made the alarm turn off.  The red alarm
> light is still on, though, even though I'm up and running
> multi-user (I've not managed to set the bootcmd variable yet).

hit any key to switch tftpboot.
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  N    <-- this time, go tp tftp mode and alerm
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  N    <-- once more.  go to prompt quietly

You hit any key when you looked 2nd message.

> ...and... I sometimes get this sort of messages on the console:
>
> WARNING: negative runtime; monotonic clock has gone backwards
>
> I'm guessing that's not so good, though probably nonfatal.

hmm...
I don't see that message.

Thanks,
--