Re: X.org cursor only moves horizontally

On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 02:43:36PM +0000, Patrick Welche wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 02:50:29PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> > On Feb 2,  6:45pm, prlw1%cam.ac.uk@localhost (Patrick Welche) wrote:
> > -- Subject: Re: X.org cursor only moves horizontally
> >
> > Did you see my latest commit?
>
> Yes, I see you have created a good place to put it.
>
> Sadly this is unchanged:
>
> > | Strange thing: when I apply the "patch-ab" to mouse.c, the mouse now moves
> > | vertically, but there is no keyboard input.
>
> So, now I can get the mouse into the login prompt, but can't type, nor
> ctl-alt-bksp / ctl-alt-f1...

Same results with "keyboard" and "kbd", xdm gives me a login screen with a
fixed mouse, but no keyboard - even caps lock doesn't show a light.

startx also gives working mouse, no keyboard. Killing xinit does get a vt
back with working keyboard.

From Xorg.0.log:

(**) Option "CoreKeyboard"
(**) Keyboard0: always reports core events
(**) Option "Protocol" "wskbd"
(**) Keyboard0: Protocol: wskbd
(**) Option "Device" "/dev/wskbd"
(--) Keyboard0: Keyboard type: XT
(**) Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
(**) Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbRules: "xorg"
(**) Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbModel: "pc105"
(**) Option "XkbLayout" "gb"
(**) Keyboard0: XkbLayout: "gb"
(**) Option "CustomKeycodes" "off"
(**) Keyboard0: CustomKeycodes disabled
(II) evaluating device (Keyboard0)
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Keyboard0" (type: KEYBOARD)
(II) evaluating device (Mouse0)

(used to work)

and xdm.log

The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> Warning:          Type "ONE_LEVEL" has 1 levels, but <RALT> has 2 symbols
>                   Ignoring extra symbols
Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

Cheers,

Patrick