Re: X.org cursor only moves horizontally

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 07:06:22PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> Yes... this is "prior art". I guess we've spent enough time debating this
> so lets revert the ioctl changes from bsd_mouse.c and move them here.

Strange thing: when I apply the "patch-ab" to mouse.c, the mouse now moves
vertically, but there is no keyboard input.

Re the "correct" place to put this code, on my system, MousePreInit is called
with protocolID=1, which I think is PROT_MSC, which seems to be why SetupAuto
and PreInit aren't called. I also tried creating xf86MouseInit and xf86MousedOn
in bsd_mouse.c, but they also weren't called.

Cheers,

Patrick