Re: mos(4) ?

Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
Hi folks,

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:46:44AM -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Juraj Hercek <nbsd%hck.sk@localhost> wrote:
Is there a chance to have mos(4) - Moschip MCS7x30 USB 2.0 Ethernet device -
supported in NetBSD soon? If not, would it be difficult to port it from
OpenBSD? Are there any legal/licensing issues connected to porting drivers
from OpenBSD or any other BSD OS?
Go for it.

I wrote a driver from scratch for it for NetBSD to use on MeKa 2009 (and
discovered there was prior art for FreeBSD/OpenBSD *sigh*) but its not stable
yet; there appeared to be some undocumented timing related stuff. The problem
i bumbed into was that it worked fine on my test machine but crashed on the
laptop i wanted to use it on :-/

I'm planning on digging into the FreeBSD/OpenBSD source and try to get it
working again and if it does import it.
With regards,
Reinoud

If you would need to help with testing, I'd be pleased to do so.

-- Juraj