Re: mos(4) ?

Hi folks,

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:46:44AM -0500, matthew sporleder wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:56 AM, Juraj Hercek <nbsd%hck.sk@localhost> wrote:
> > Is there a chance to have mos(4) - Moschip MCS7x30 USB 2.0 Ethernet device -
> > supported in NetBSD soon? If not, would it be difficult to port it from
> > OpenBSD? Are there any legal/licensing issues connected to porting drivers
> > from OpenBSD or any other BSD OS?
>
> Go for it.

I wrote a driver from scratch for it for NetBSD to use on MeKa 2009 (and
discovered there was prior art for FreeBSD/OpenBSD *sigh*) but its not stable
yet; there appeared to be some undocumented timing related stuff. The problem
i bumbed into was that it worked fine on my test machine but crashed on the
laptop i wanted to use it on :-/

I'm planning on digging into the FreeBSD/OpenBSD source and try to get it
working again and if it does import it.

With regards,
Reinoud