Re: CVS commit: src/distrib/sets/lists/xfont

(removing source-changes@ as suggested by Bernd)

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 08:02:56 -0800 (PST)
Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

> > [..]

> >> Yes. I did make release again and got same result.
> >>
> >> I thought src/x11/share/fonts/bdf/misc/Makefile lacked
> >> some files, but it was not correct.
>
> Hmmm, as Bernd points out, you're looking at the old xfree86 tree.  My
> commit was specifically for xorg, and I just verified that all the lines
> I added were flagged properly.
>
> > src/x11/share/fonts/bdf/misc/Makefile is for the old xfree86 tree and so
> > you should get some errors for /usr/X11R6, if you do a build on a arch
> > which has not be switched to xorg yet.
> >
> > src/external/mit/xorg/share/fonts/misc/font-misc-misc/Makefile is the
> > corresponding file for xorg.

i see, Thanks for explanation.

> > My guess is that one of the recent 'make' changes 'fixed' a install problem,
> > where I don't know if it was broken before or if it is 'broken' now.
>
> Yeah, I couldn't ever figure out why these fonts just started showing up
> in my build.  There were no commits that appeared relevant.  And now I'm
> guessing that that the fix-to-the-fix in make(1) has returned things to
> their previous state.

> I'll go ahead and verify that these fonts are no longer being built,
> then I'll make those entries as 'obsolete' so it won't complain about
> them.

Glancing at font-misc-misc/Makefile, the files in error log are
excluded from targets to be compiled by using variable modifiers
of make(1).
I think something wrong occure while fixing make(1).

 <tkhr.hash%gmail.com@localhost>