Re: cheese: no webcam output

Joel CARNAT wrote:
Hello,

On Fri, Nov 14 2008 - 20:07, Jared D. McNeill wrote:
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008, Joel CARNAT wrote:
Is it supposed to work or is it to early ?
There are currently some issues with hi-speed isoc UVC webcams. I am looking into it..

FYI, an easier way to test if cheese will work:

  gst-launch-0.10 ! xvimagesink

This will fail if your camera only exposes MJPEG endpoints, but cheese does not build a filter graph using the 'decodebin' filter either..

$ gst-launch-0.10 ! xvimagesink
ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "xvimagesink".

Do I miss something or does this confirm what you said about MJPEG ?

You are missing gst-plugins0.10-x11.. but I am seeing the no video thing also since the latest cheese update.. maybe send a note to pkgsrc-users?