Re: EeePc A1000H

> pchb0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x27ac (rev. 0x03)
>
> Intel Mobile 945GME Express Memory Controller Hub
>
> agp0 at pchb0: detected 7932k stolen memory
> agp0: aperture at 0xd0000000, size 0x10000000
> vga1 at pci0 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x27ae (rev. 0x03)
>
> This should be Intel Mobile 82945GME Video

This may have been overlooked, but recently (5 May 2008) PCIVERBOSE
was turned off in (among others) the i386 GENERIC kernel.  This causes
you to no longer get the text strings for the devices, but rather just
the IDs.

> wsdisplay0 at vga1 kbdmux 1: console (80x25, vt100 emulation), using wskbd0
> wsmux1: connecting to wsdisplay0
> drm at vga1 not configured
> vendor 0x8086 product 0x27a6 (miscellaneous display, revision 0x03) at pci0
> dev 2 function 1 not configured
>
> Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML PCIE Graphics Controller

BTW, I see on the wiki that this "not configured" has been
interpreted as "video card not recognized by the kernel, so
there's no point in trying Xorg".  That is in fact wrong; the X
server does it's own video card probing and detection, and does
not depend (much) on actual NetBSD kernel support.  The exception
to that rule is probably dri/drm(?)

> vendor 0x1969 product 0x1026 (ethernet network, revision 0xb0) at pci2 dev 0
> function 0 not configured
>
> Attansic Technology L1 Ethernet, which might be handled by lii

Actually...  The Attansic L1 Ethernet is quite different from the
Attansic L2 Ethernet, contrary to what the name indicates.  It is
therefore unlikely that the lii driver will ever handle this device.

FreeBSD has driver support for the L1 device in their age(4) driver,
so there appears to be a starting point for porting a driver from
that.  I'm not aware of anyone actively working on it (though I'm not
omniscient...)

> vendor 0x1814 product 0x0781 (miscellaneous network) at pci3 dev 0 function 0
> not configured
>
> RT2790/2720 802.11b/g/n WLAN mini-PCIE Network - our ral doesn't handle it

I don't know how far off a driver (update?) for this one is, sorry.
It may depend on a general update of the 802.11 code to handle "N"
devices(?)

Best regards,

- Håvard