Re: Hotkey support via powerd

Dear All,

I just came across the discussion from Dec 22, 2007 on the topic.

I think it would be good if the powerd scripts could be used to groom
keyboard events and then inject these events into the keyboard
mux. These events would then be passed on to e.g. the virtual console,
the X application, window manager or whereever else you have your
keyboard input currently going.

There is no need to find out about the user running X, running the
application that has the focus, etc. The user can then configure
xbindkeys or KDE's input actions etc. to taste.

On the level of powerd the only decision taken would be which events
to synthesize and inject.

Best regards,

Marko