Re: [OT] Re: What netbook to you run NetBSD on? (-> netbook.xml)

Martin Husemann wrote:
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:43:18PM +0200, Marcin M. Jessa wrote:
I don't really understand why we need to use mixerctl to be able to adjust the volume level when the same device works nicely with linux drivers...

Sorry, I fail to understand what you are trying to say - are you unhappy
with the default volume settings?

I am unhappy I need a shell script [1] to adjust volume with mixerctl and to chose between internal speakers and head phones.
I'd really prefer to use a sound mixer application than custom hacks...

[1]
#!/bin/sh

case ${1} in
       s)
       mixerctl -w outputs.lineout.eapd=on
       mixerctl -w outputs.lineout=200,200
   ;;
       h)
       mixerctl -w  outputs.lineout.eapd=on
       mixerctl -w outputs.headphones=255,255
       mixerctl -w outputs.lineout=0,0
   ;;
       "")
echo "Please use one of following: h(eadphones) or s(peakers)"
esac