Re: /usr/obj/gnu/lib/libiberty/libiberty.a: could not read symbols: Bad value

-- Subject: Re: /usr/obj/gnu/lib/libiberty/libiberty.a: could not read symbol

<christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:

| > It must be. I will take a look.
|
| With your latest commit to the netboot makefile I can complete a build
| with MKPIE=yes. Thanks! :)
|
| Do we need to document the changes you've made or are they going
| to stay in the long run? (in light of the other notes made on this thread)

We need to decide what to do in the long run. There was a thread I think in
tech toolchain about creating _pic libraries for MKPIE and using them. Phone
thought that this could be done by modifying the gcc specs, but I looked into
it and this does not seem to be the case.

christos